Saturday, October 11, 2008

Letters Home

October 9, 2008

Hello Family,

Well I did get my[birthday] box that you sent me. Thanks so much. I loved it however I must admit that hardly any of the Black liquorish made it into my mouth. One of the assistants (Bárcenas) and I discovered that when you throw them at some one they really really sting. Ya so that basically turned into a morning exercise one day haha. However I really enjoyed everything. Especially all the letters from my friends. It is so funny to read how much alike some of the places are to here where I am. As for pouch I wondered why all of the sudden people stopped writing me. Well pouch still exists and everything maybe they are just getting more picky about what can cross and what not. Ya I can not believe I am 20 years old. I have now left the teens. and I almost have 1 year in the mission. Well I just thought I would tell you a little bit about what happened today. Today I got up because all of my companions were singing happy birth day. Then the AP´s gave my a present. I opened it and it had a sticky not that told me to go look under the bed in the other room. So I went and looked and there was another sticky note. Well one by one I went through the whole house until it led me out to a patio that we have. It is a little hard to explain but this patio is room that has four walls but no top. Or in other words it is a room in the house that's walls extend up three floors and then there is no ceiling. Well the hunt ended in this room. What I did not realize was that all the other elders left and only Barcenas and one other were with me. While I was reading the card out there they shut the door and locked me out. Then all the other elders which had gone up top poured 5 buckets of water on me. Actually it was really funny.

Well I love you all and the work goes on,
Elder McKibben

No comments: