Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Letters Home

November 13, 2008

Letter to Megan:

Ok you know what my great story was for today? Ok well there are actually two. I will save the best for last. So the first is that this last week there was an important meeting and Elder Carlos ( a 70) was there. President was up front with him and there were a ton of bishops and leaders in the seats. Well a couple of those leader are from Aijijic, which is a place here in Jalisco where there are a ton of Americans and a large percent of them do not speak Spanish (don’t know why they want to be here but ya) So I got to sit next to one of them for an hour and translate. Possibly one of the hardest things I have done. I can understand everything they say in Spanish but to translate it and listen at the same time is really hard. I think I lied a lot haha. Actually afterwards the other missionary that was translating told me that he had to make a lot of stuff up haha so that made me feel a little better. But I now want to better my capability to do it. The other great news is we had a baptism. Lourdes got baptized this last week. It was awesome. We are now working with her kids. I was so happy. The Lord really blessed us.Ok well that’s all.
Love You!

Elder Mckibben

No comments: