Saturday, July 26, 2008

Letters Home

July 24, 2007

Hey Family,

Well today is my p-day and no I have not received my box. I am still waiting and am a little worried that it not going to show up. I hope it does. I really want to start working out in the morning. Well ya, I am the secretary to the president. I take care of all the arrivals and departures for the missionaries. That includes visas, passports, and a bunch of paper work. I also change the changes or in other words I move all the missionaries around on the big board. I also do a lot of the affairs for the president like send him important e-mails and even check his e-mail sometimes. But the funnest thing of all is I get to call all the parents of the missionaries and the stake presidents so I get to have a lot of fun with that. My companion is Elder Clark. He is the financial secretary one of the hardest jobs. Or in other words one of the jobs that requires more work. One night we were up till three o clock in the morning. In the offices will still have rules but we can change a lot of them in accordance with needs. The president really trusts us a lot. We still go a and knock on doors but it is really hard to do it because we are so busy. I have 13 Americans leaving this month and 13 coming in so I have a ton of computer work. Its hard. But of all the missionaries I am one of the ones that talk with president most so I get to learn a lot of how he works.What else......well ya we get to go to the temple I am not sure if I told you in the last email that we went. It is a really neat temple. We also went to outback steak house with the president. SHHHWWEEEEETTTT¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡! That's cool everything is going well for Elder Simpson. I got a letter the other day from brother Layton. I feel bad because I never write back. I have not written a letter in almost 7 months, actually I have written a bunch but I never put them in the mail.Ok well give everyone my love. I love you guys and will see you in no time.

-------
In reference to working out and a package Elder Mckibben has been waiting for his mom to send his boxing gear so him and his companion can "work out". My mom did send it the other day ($140 shipping) and it came back! Apparently my dad had sent Elder Mckibben some beef jerky. Well just for your information you cannot mail meat across the border to Mexico. Needless to say the package got returned to my mom. I don't think she will be spending any more money trying to send it down to Mexico. But if anyone is heading that way let us know haha.

1 comment:

SJacobus said...

Ouch, that's a lot of money in postage. Sorry we're not headed that way.

PS Jess, we know you haven't written many people back, ahem. There's a growing list of people wondering how your doing and thanks to your families forwarded emails and your sisters blog efforts we now know. Glad you doing good bud:)