Monday, March 16, 2009

The Garcìa family gets baptized....

March 16th, 2009
Hello Everyone,

Well I do not know why but I did not get any letters from Dad and Mom today so that means that you are going to get a really long letter. Ok so there are a lot of things that are going on right now. It is pretty crazy we now have a zone of 10 companionship's which makes us the second biggest zone in our mission. This last week we were able to travel to Guadalajara to go to the temple. It was awesome and a great experience, however by far the coolest experience should be this Saturday when the Garcìa family gets baptized. Actually the sad part is that not all of the family is going to get baptized right now. The Dad is going to have to wait a little bit longer because he has not been able to go to church very much. I am so happy and hope everything goes well for them. So what else is going on over there? Oh and you should ask Bro. Layton what that word was he told me when I was set apart as a full time missionary. I do not remember the word but he told me it was a Spanish word and that one day I would learn it on the mission but I do not remember what is was and I probably know it now. That is a real blessing. Learning another language. It is funny because even though I doubted the Lord still blessed me and I have been able to learn Spanish. Actually the other day I found a mna that speaks really good English so I started to speak to him in English and after messing up a couple times He started laughing and told me that I need to learn English better. Uh oh, that means that I got to learn another language after Spanish haha ENGLISH. no but Actually I think that I want to learn french or Italian afterwards.
Well I love you all a ton.
Elder McKibben

1 comment:

Don Layton said...

Br Layton here...no, I don't remember the word I told him after he was set apart...but if it makes him feel better, I'll make one up.