Monday, January 19, 2009

Letter's Home

December 22, 2008

Hello Family,

They told all of us to send our e-mails today because we are going to talk to all of you in a couple days. So everything is okay. It has been a little bit hard lately. There have been a lot of baptisms that have fallen through and also here in México everyone leaves town during Christmas so all of our investigators have left town and we are left. I think I only have about 4 weeks left in the offices. So if I want to have some success in these last weeks I really need some miracles. Good thing we believe in miracles huh. So right now everything is going pretty slow with work in the offices. I am just doing all the little things. This week I have to send letters to the parents of every missionary and that could take a little bit of time but that’s how it goes. I am thinking that I am going to miss the offices a lot. It is a mixed feeling because there are some things that I am not going to miss like some of the pressure but I am going to miss the hot showers everyday lol. But it is okay because I am ready to go back to full time mission work. I am really grateful for the experience I have had here in the office. It has taught me a lot. I know that you already sent me a Christmas present but I need one more thing haha. Actually I do not need it, but rather want it. I think that I already told you once that it would be sweet if some how you could get John Lewandoski to make a few name tags for the white shirt, or in other words not for the suit jacket but for the pocket of the white shirt. I would like a few different ones like gold and cool stuff but more than anything a couple that are white with black letters.

ELDER MCKIBBEN LA IGLESIA DE JESUCRISTO DE LOS SANTOS DE LOS ÚLTIMOS DÍAS.

Well I do not know what else I can say. I hope you all have a really great Christmas. Oh and there is one funny story for the blog. So we had a Christmas fireside in the church this last week with the entire ward. Well we are in Mexico and that means pinatas (I have no idea how you spell that). So we had one and we let the blindfolded Elder loose with a broom stick handle. Well he did ok but could have done better. Ok so then the funny part. Next they gave it to a young kid but not to young. He began swinging very hard and soon had no idea where he was going and started smacking towards the crowd of people. Everyone was screaming at him but he just kept going. So you have to use you imagination. One kid blindfolded with a huge broom handles running around in a crowed of people screaming trying to hit what ever he can, with 4 missionaries trying to get close enough to jump him. hahaha.

Love,
Elder Mckibben

No comments: